Transport Contract Terms
Art.1 General Provisions
(1) The Transport Terms of Contract are valid for transport of persons, their luggage, things and animals on all lines operated by the Pilsen City Transport Company (PMDP).
(2) A passenger has a right to transit in a Public Transport vehicle on the condition that the vehicle is not fully occupied; he/she is fulfilling all the transport conditions and covers the fare that is prescribed by a valid tariff. An authorised person decides on the occupation of a vehicle.
(3) Fare tariff, including free and reduced fare, is rated by a provision of the statutory city of Pilsen.
(5) “Pilsen Card“(PC) is a form of a travel document. Its validity depends on the time period and tariff zone for which it was activated. The PC can also serve as an electronic wallet.
“Pilsen Ticket“(PT) is a chip card that serves as an electronic wallet only. The same is "Pilsen Mini".
Art.2 Creation and fulfilment of transport contract
(1) A transport contract is concluded when a passenger uses their right to transport by boarding a vehicle or entering a demarked space accessible with a valid ticket only. A transport contract is also concluded when a carrier enables a passenger to board a vehicle without a ticket and the passenger will purchase it immediately after entering the carriage.
Art.3 Transport document
(1) A transport document is valid on the condition that it is used in accordance with the conditions established by the regulation, transport rules and tariff.
(5) A transport document is invalid if:
a) A passenger does not adhere to conditions established by Transport Rules, Tariff or Transport Terms of Contract.
b) It is damaged so that the data essential for checking its usage are not apparent.
c) Its validity period expired.
d) It is used without a required photograph.
e) It is used by an unauthorised person.
f) Data do not correspond with reality or were modified without authorization.
g) Required data are not filled in.
h) It is not the original.
(6) The fact that a vending machine (outside the carriage) is out of order, no tickets are available at a contractual selling partner, or (eventually) the Pilsen Card was not correctly validated for the time period, or PC or PT do not contain enough credit for purchasing a ticket inside the carriage, does not entitle the passenger to use the transporter´s vehicle.
(7) A service charge is charged for specific transactions at PMDP sales locations. The transactions are listed in the full version of the Transport Terms of Contract.
Art.4 Payment of fare, luggage fare and surcharges
(1) A passenger can use tickets issued by carrier only (PMDP).
(2) A ticket must be placed into a mechanical marking device front forward so that marking is visible on the number grid.
(3) A single fare ticket cannot be used for transfer to another Public Transport line except for situations when this involves a substitute transfer on the particular line or when it is a substitute for an unfinished route (e.g. because of a technical failure, traffic accident, etc.). When transferring to substitute transport, a passenger shall mark the same ticket on the opposite side. However, it is possible to use the nearest free vehicle of the same line and direction, or exceptionally, a vehicle of a parallel line going in the direction of the passenger´s destination.
A transfer ticket issued by a check-in device inside a carriage using PC or PT can be used at the moment of issue (printing):
a) Maximally for a period set by ticket type without a transfer limitation
b) Concerning a 30-minute ticket – for a period of 30 minutes in case a passenger transfers, or for an unlimited period for the entire journey.
(4) A passenger can use valid tickets of lower nominal value on the condition that the sum of nominal values of the tickets minimally equals the value stipulated by Tariff for a particular group of passengers, or for luggage transport.
(5) A passenger is obliged to check the proper code marking after marking the ticket in a mechanical marking device.
(6) Using a check-in device inside the vehicle, a passenger shall choose a demanded ticket type on display and an amount of tickets by pressing the correct number of times. On the condition that a passenger agrees with a selected type and amount of tickets shown on the display, he/she shall apply a PC or PT (with a sufficient amount of electronic cash) to a scanning device and a ticket (tickets) is issued.
(7) A single fare ticket is non-transferable.
(8) Only a passenger with a valid transport document that he/she purchased prior to boarding or a passenger who is able to check-in inside the vehicle with the check-in system is allowed to board a vehicle.
(9) If a passenger uses a banknote of higher nominal value to pay the fare to the driver and the driver is not able to return the required amount, the driver can accept the banknote and he/she is authorised by PMDP to issue and sign a voucher “Debt confirmation“ (uznání dluhu). The passenger has a right to receive the amount due after presenting it in PMDP headquarters, 12 Denisovo nábřeží, Pilsen, the next working day at the earliest.
(11) A one-day ticket is valid on the calendar day that is written on the ticket. A 24-hour ticket is a transport document valid for an unlimited amount of journeys within 24 hours from the moment of ticket issue by a check-in device inside a vehicle using a PC or PT.
(12) The PC in the form of a season ticket must be activated for the particular calendar period and tariff zone where transport is being executed. If the card is prepaid by electronic cash only for the possibility of check-in inside the vehicle, it must be of the value that is necessary for purchase of one ticket of demanded type.
(18) The PC (except for a Company Pilsen Card) is in the form of a season ticket, a non-transferable transport document.
(20) A passenger travelling without a valid transport document is obliged to pay a fare and a surcharge to the fare.
(21) If a passenger does not have a valid PC with him/her during transit inspection (not applicable for Company Pilsen Card) activated for the particular season period, but he/she presents it at the Additional Fee Office in Plzeň, Tylova 12, within 15 working days after the next day, he/she will pay a surcharge of 0 CZK.
(22) A passenger will pay a surcharge of 1000 CZK for the transit of dangerous objects that are excluded from transit.
(23) A passenger will pay a surcharge of 1000 CZK if he/she infringes transport rules and defray damages that he/she caused, e.g. when behaving negligently or being drunk.
Art.5 Transport of baby carriages
A driver decides about a pram boarding. A passenger is obliged to follow the provisions of Art. 8, especially par. 19, 20, 21 and 22 when boarding and getting off.
Art.6 Transport of persons with limited movement ability or orientation handicap, and transport of persons in wheelchairs.
(1) A driver decides about a wheelchair boarding. A passenger is obliged to follow the provisions of Art. 8, especially par. 19, 20, 21 and 22 when boarding and getting off.
(4) A wheelchair passenger is obliged to pay special attention during transport and use a fastening device to secure the wheelchair.
Art.7 Transport of bicycle
(1) Bicycles can be transported at all lines and in every vehicle during the weekends and on public holidays.
(2) A driver decides about a bicycle boarding
Art. 8 Relation between carrier and passenger
(2) Children younger than six are only permitted to travel accompanied by a person older than 10. A child that is transported for free in accordance with the tariff can occupy only one seat together with the accompanying person if all the other seats are fully occupied.
(3) A passenger is obliged:
a) to be familiar with valid Transport Terms of Contract and valid tariff prior to boarding,
b) to be present at the stop area before passengers check-in in a Public Transport vehicle at the latest,
c) to have a valid transport document, or a document justifying free transport or reduced fare (unless proven by PC), at the time of transport initiation, during the entire transport period and at the moment of getting off. If a passenger is transporting luggage or live animals, he/she must have a valid transport document for them as well unless being transported for free.
d) to board the vehicle with a prepared, purchased-in-advance transport document and mark it immediately after boarding (without delay) in a marking device. In case a ticket is purchased from the driver, a passenger is obliged to mark it in a marking device immediately after purchase. A transport document is invalid unless it is marked. The time period designated as an immediate marking of ticket does not include a period that a passenger needs to take a seat, search for an unprepared ticket, acquire a ticket from other passengers, or perform an activity that is not related to immediate (without delay) ticket marking. If a passenger has a PC or a sufficient amount of electronic cash on a PT, he/she can be checked-in by a device placed inside a PMDP vehicle. The check-in (purchasing a ticket inside vehicle) is obliged to be done immediately after boarding the vehicle (doors marked by a designated symbol),
e) to check proper code marking after marking a ticket in a mechanical marking device. If a ticket is issued by a device placed inside the vehicle using PC or PT, a passenger is obliged to check printed data, especially the validity period,
f) to use another nearby marking device in case a mechanical marking device is out of order. In case the check-in device inside the vehicle is out of order, a passenger is obliged to use another nearby check-in device,
g) to respect instructions and commands of a carrier´s authorised person that are meant to assure transport safety and efficiency, or thw safety of passengers,
h) to present a valid transport document upon request of an authorized person (see Art. 18a/2c of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended, and Art 37/4d. of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., as amended). A passenger is obliged to present PC upon request of an authorised person in line with Art. 18a/2c of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended, and Art 37/4d. of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., as amended,
i) to pay the fare and surcharge to fare stipulated by the regulation or to identify himdelg/herself with personal data needed for fare and surcharge recovery. The personal data are first name, surname, birth number or date of birth and permanent address, listed on passenger´s ID issued by the relevant public authority (it can be identity card or passport) - see Art. 18a/2c of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended, and Art 37/4d. of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., as amended. The obligation of identification by personal data applies to situations when transport document validity information is not possible to read explicitly from PC,
j) in case a passenger does not identify himself/herself by personal data stipulated in point h) of the provision, to follow an authorised person upon request to a suitable public administration body for identification, or to wait at an appropriate place for a person authorised to identify him/her - see Art. 18a/2c of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended, and Art 37/4d. of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., as amended,
k) to present a passport including a document confirming a legal stay in the Czech Republic territory in case a foreign national does not present a valid transport document. If they do not, he/she is obliged upon an authorised person´s request to wait at an appropriate place for arrival of Police CR – Alien Police Service,
l) to pay a surcharge for violation of transport rules upon request of an authorised person,
m) to retain a transport document in a manner that allows inspection at any time during transport and at the moment of getting off,
n) to refrain from any activities that could endanger transport safety and efficiency, order in the vehicle, or disturb carrier´s employees in executing their duties or cause any damage to carrier or co-passengers,
o) to free places in the vehicle that are reserved for persons with limited movement ability or orientation handicap, disabled persons ( TP, ZTP, ZTP/P warrant holders) and pregnant women,
p) to hold on firmly during transport.
(4) A passenger is particularly prohibited:
a) to talk to the driver or in any way disrupt the driver´s attention from driving the vehicle during transport,
b) to open the driver´s cabin door or enter the driver´s cabin,
c) to misuse or imitate electronic signs or misuse signalization equipment,
d) to wilfully open a door to a vehicle, stay right next to a door to a vehicle or inhibit boarding and exiting passengers from passing,
e) to smoke inside the vehicle,
f) to behave noisily, produce music or sing,
g) to throw out or extrude any objects from the vehicle,
h) to put luggage or live animals on seats,
i) to board the vehicle or stay in on roller skates,
j) to move inside the carriage with a backpack or any luggage mounted on one´s back,
k) to enter the vehicle with unpacked food or drinks or consume them inside the vehicle,
l) to be in the vehicle in insufficient clothes,
m) to pollute or damage the carriage or carriage equipment, particularly check-in equipment,
n) to disembark or board vehicles after the sound signal or optical sign to finish boarding or getting off,
o) to inhibit other passengers from the check-in by check-in device inside the vehicle (e.g. by unreasonable manipulation of the device, etc.)
(5) Passengers can be expelled from transport by an authorised person particularly in cases when:
a) in spite of being warned by an authorised person, they disobey his/her instructions and commands, and continue to infringe Transport rules,
b) they disturb the peaceful transport of passengers or somehow discomfort any other passengers,
c) they do not have a valid transport document and do not fulfil the duty to pay a fare and surcharge,
d) they endanger transport safety, his/her own safety or the safety of other passengers,
e) they pollute or damage a carriage.
(6) It is a passenger’s duty to assure well-timed boarding and exiting and tariff check-in.
(11) A passenger must open the door by pressing a self-service button for opening doors in vehicles with a door opening option. When passengers in a wheelchair or visually impaired persons are transported, the door is opened by the driver.
(12) After the signal “No boarding, no getting off“ is switched on, a passenger is obliged to leave the door area immediately.
(16) In case of danger, a passenger shall signalize it to the driver with a short repetitive push on the designated signal button. When a danger occurs during transport in a tram, the passenger shall press safety brake button.
(19) A request to stop a vehicle at a request stop:
a) must be announced by a passenger in the vehicle by one long press (—) of the red button for signalling the driver,
b) must be announced by passengers waiting at the stop in a clearly visible place.
(20) A request for boarding of a passenger with a baby carriage, a wheelchair, a bicycle, an enormous piece of luggage or a dog must be signalled by the passenger waiting at the stop by arm lifting. A driver expresses consent or disapproval by a gesture or verbally.
(21) A passenger must signal getting off with a baby carriage, a wheelchair, a bicycle, or an enormous piece of luggage by a double press (..) of the driver-signalling to driver button or a button with a designated symbol (pram or wheelchair).
(22) A passenger is obliged to signal clearly and in time in all the above-mentioned cases, so that the driver can safely react to the signal.
Art.9 Conditions of luggage transport
(9) Only two dogs are allowed to be transported without a crate in one carriage. For the entire time of transport, a dog must be wearing a muzzle and must be held on a short leash.
(10) A passenger can board with a dog only with the driver´s consent.
Art.10 Transit inspection
(1) An authorized person identifies himself/herself with an inspector's badge that is upon request complemented by an inspection card. The identification numbers on both items must be identical.
(2) An authorized person that identifies himself/herself with an inspector´s badge during transit inspection is entitled to write an inspection report on a person who does not have a valid transport document and does not pay a surcharge for transport-conditions violation on the spot.
(3) An authorized person issues a confirmation of surcharge payment to the passenger.
(4) An authorised person conducting inspection of transport document validity is entitled to confiscate an invalid transport document when:
a) it is damaged so that data essential for control of its usage are not apparent,
b) data do not correspond with reality or were modified without authorization,
c) it is used by an unauthorised person,
d) its validity period expired,
e) it is not the original,
f) its usage does not comply with conditions established by the regulation
In case a passenger identifies himself/herself with a PC used as a season ticket, an authorised person is entitled to confiscate it if:
a) it is used by an unauthorised person,
b) it is not the original,
c) data do not correspond with reality or were modified without authorization,
d) it is on the list of blocked cards.
(5) In case a transit inspector cannot ascertain any necessary data from PC, a passenger is obliged to identify himself/herself with personal data needed for fare and surcharge recovery. The personal data are first name, surname, birth number or date of birth and permanent address, listed on passenger´s ID issued by the relevant public authority (it can be identity card or passport) - see Art. 18a/2c of Act No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended, and Art 37/4d. of Act No. 111/1994 Coll., as amended. A passenger is obliged to prove the validity of a transport document used at the time of transit control within five working days at the Additional Fee Office. In case a card malfunction was caused by inappropriate handling on the passenger´s side, he/she is obliged to pay the surcharge.
Art.11 SMS ticket
(5) An SMS ticket is valid during the period indicated in its text.
(6) An SMS ticket is valid in PMDP vehicles only.
(7) An SMS ticket can be used for transfer in the frame of given time period.
(8) A passenger is obliged to board a vehicle after receiving a valid SMS ticket. A passenger is obliged to present the received valid SMS ticket to an authorised person on request and enable its verification in a feasible manner. Purchasing an SMS ticket, a passenger agrees to provide the telephone number that was used for ticket purchase. In case a passenger does not satisfy the conditions or any of them, or the SMS ticket is not found on the basis of its identification number during transit control, the passenger is considered as a passenger without a valid ticket.
(9) SMS ticket control is carried out with the help of a system enabling a connection with the electronic ticket system. A passenger presents a ticket in a mobile phone and a ticket controller or an authorised person conducts the control by using a subsidiary HASH code or telephone number.
(10) An SMS ticket is invalid in case:
a) its validity period expired,
b) it was not sent by a contractual distributor of SMS tickets,
c) it was any way modified, amended or resent,
d) the SMS purchasing the ticket was sent after boarding the vehicle,
e) a passenger violated any condition specified for its use by SMS ticket product conditions or the Transport Terms of Contract,
f) the ticket is not found on the basis of its identification number during transit control,
g) it is not possible to verify its validity due to some reason on the passenger’s side
A passenger is not eligible for a decrease in the surcharge for transport rules violation if his/her claim is unjustified.