What should I do if Cardman is not working?
PMDP, a.s. has recently received reports of cases where the ticketing machine inside the vehicle failed to issue a ticket to passengers who purchased tickets from their Pilsen Card. For cases such as this, we have set up the following procedure for handling this situation.
The driver checks the ticketing machine inside the vehicle several times a day to see if it is printing properly and if a defect is found, it is replaced with a defect-free machine that same day. The reasons why machines fail to issue tickets include vandalism as well as technical causes that are currently being investigated. Our specialists are working intensively on eliminating the causes for the technical problems in conjunction with the ticketing machine manufacturer, Mikroelektronika. Modifications to the ticketing machines are also being prepared that will minimise such situations in the future.
What to do if the Cardman (ticketing system terminal inside the vehicle) is out of order:
1) Cardman fails to respond to keypad commands or to the card:
- Purchase a ticket from the other Cardman in the vehicle
2) The transaction has been made and the ticket cost debited, but the machine does not issue a ticket:
- If you are planning on using the ticket for just one ride, it is not necessary to purchase another ticket; ticket controllers are able to verify whether the Cardman is functioning. If the Cardman does not issue a ticket and the transaction is recorded on the card, this record will be recognised as a valid ticket.
- If you are planning on using the ticket to transfer vehicles, after entering the next vehicle purchase a new ticket and ask to refund the cost of the unissued ticket.
If occupancy in the vehicle allows, inform the driver that the Cardman is not functioning. Communicate with the driver only when the vehicle is at full stop at a bus or tram stop.
Claims for refunds due to non-functioning ticketing systems can be made:
- In person at the PMDP, a. s. Customer Service Centre, Denisovo nábřeží 12, Pilsen. Opening hours: Mo – Fr: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- In writing to: PMDP, a. s., Denisovo nábřeží 12, Plzeň
- By email to: email@example.com
- using the form At www.pmdp.cz (click on the "Contact us" tab)
- By calling +420 378 037 487 on Mo - Fr 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In your refund claim, state:
- Your full name
- Contact information
- The number of the card used to make the transaction
- Date and time of the transaction
- Details of the claim (number of the bus or tram line, ID number on the vehicle)